Last summer there was shown a semi-serious, semi-comedic movie called "A Day without a Mexican". The thesis was that, "What if all the Mexicans upon whom we are all so highly (supposedly) dependent were to disappear for a day?" Chaos would supposedly ensue. Who would bus the dishes, who would blow dirt from one area to another with leaf-blowers, who would do all the shoddy carpet and dry-wall installations, etc?
One of the biggest "oh my god" areas is that agriculture would come to a screeching halt. "We're all going to starve to death!!" Jeez, how did we manage before all the Mexicans?
Well, I submit that if you took half the population of any city, state, whatever, away for a day, chaos would ensue, regardless of the ethnicity or job description mix of the "taken". A moot point.
BTW, I have traveled through the states of Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and California. Amazingly, in many areas, Caucasian and Indian (aka "Native Americans" to the pussy-wuss politically correct contingent) teenagers and adults seemed to have no trouble handling the workload at restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores, and building sites. Yes, in the agricultural towns, it's all Mexican. But that is because you have to prove that you are illegal and that you speak no English in order to get those jobs.
Jim Thompson, of Los Angeles, had a great letter published in the "Los Angeles City Beat" newspaper on 2004 September 2 detailing the absurdity that illegal aliens are absolutely necessary for our agricultural economy.
... Let us assue that the 12 million illegal illegal aliens (mostly Mexicans) moved back to Mexico, where they plan to wait for Americans to beg them to come back and "save" the U.S. economy. I would predict that, after one year, taxpayers would save enormous sums of money because:
1) Public school class sizes will drop, causing less schools to be built.
2) Many social services offices will close.
3) Almost all graffiti will cease.
4) Violent crime rates will drop to record lows.
5) Drive-by shootings will decrease.
6) Gang problems will lessen.
7) The number of pedestrians hit by cars will fall.
8) The number of drunk-driving-related car accidents will fall.
9) Freeway accidents will come to an all-time low.
10) Police departments will lay off officers.
11) Many jails will close.
12) Government costs will drop when all printed material will be in English only.
More good predictions:
13) Average student scores at public and private schools all across America will rise.
14) Automobile traffic will drop to comfortable levels.
15) Less air pollution as old cars driven by illegal aliens will no longer be on the road.
16) A virtual full employment at good wages as businesses compete for workers.
17) Citizen kids will now get jobs at fast-food restaurants.
18) We will be able to understand the people at the drive-through windows at fast-food restaurants and we will get what we ordered.
19) Hospital emergency rooms will be much less crowded and will help save more lives.
20) Many state budgets will be easier to balance.
21) Insurance costs will go down.
22) Many neighborhoods will be less crowded.
23) No more loitering day workers in the cities.
24) Most boom-box manufacturers will go out of business.
25) Third World diseases like TB will be gone.
26) Many tattoo shops frequented by gangs will close.
27) Those hideous, illegal cock- and dog-fights will be gone.
28) Obesity levels will drop as citizens mow their lawns, paint their houses, and wash their cars...
I wonder how long it will be when Americans will want to call them back? I hope they don't hold their breath!
Garage Door Remote Repair Echo Park - Garage Door Remote Repair Echo ParkGarage Door Installers South San Jose Hills, California, Garage Door Installation Mount Washington, California, Commerci...